Saturday, August 7, 2010

Aquarium of the Pacific


I had a blast with the family today at the Aquarium! We got to pet/touch sharks, sting rays, and bat rays. They felt like velvet and were really slimy. I didn't want to touch them at first but, I am glad I did it at the end. I'm glad I didn't miss out on that once in a lifetime opportunity.

As we went through all the exhibits the had this emboss thing-a-ma-jig so you could get stamps for your program. That entertained me a lot! We also went the seal show. It was the most crowded thing in my life, we had to stand in the back. We could barely see anything...except Dad because he is so tall.

After we visited the Aquarium we went and sat on a patch of grass to look at the Queen Mary. Yes, that is the "HAUNTED" ship.
Just to sit there and stare at the ship, was amazing. You heard the crashing of the waves against the pointed rocks. The sound of the moter boats going against the wind. The roar of their engines. It just made the view that much more spectacular!

For lunch we went to Bubba Gump and ate lots and LOTS of shrimp! It was really yummy but, so incredibly filling. After we stuffed or stomachs we drove home and the traffic was a beast. All in all, I love hanging out with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment